Women In Film & Television International
Women in Film & Video DC 〉 Women In Film & Television International
WIFTI Mission Statement
Women In Film & Television International (WIFTI) is a global network comprised of nearly 40 Women in Film affiliated organizations worldwide representing more than 12,000 colleagues is dedicated to advancing professional development and achievement for women working in all areas of film, video, and other screen-based media.
- Enhance the international visibility of women in the entertainment industry;
- Facilitate and encourage communication and cooperation internationally;
- Develop bold international projects and initiatives
- Stimulate professional development and global networking opportunities for women
- Promote and support chapter development
- Celebrate the achievements of women in all areas of the industry
- Encourage diverse and positive representation of women in screen-based media worldwide.
What WIFTI Offers Affiliated Organizations
- Biennial International Conferences are a unique opportunity for members from all over the globe to network, share ideas on chapter development and co-production options
- Quarterly Newsletters
- WIFTI Website
- WIFTI networking receptions at international film festivals (Berlin, Cannes, MIPCOM, Sundance)
- The Visiting Members Program is for members planning to work in another state or country. It entitles the visiting member to access the other organization’s activities for a three-month period.
WIFV-DC has been a leading contributor in the WIFTI network with WIFV members acting as WIFTI Board chairs, members, and committee heads.
WIFTI continues to be a voice for women in the media industry worldwide. And with your participation, we’ll grow stronger together.
* WIFTI does not offer individual memberships. Individuals interested in being involved should contact the local affiliated organization nearest to them for an application. Click here for a listing of affiliated organizations and their contact information.
In honor of International Women’s Day on March 8 and Women’s History Month, Women in Film & Television International (WIFTI) affiliated organizations may hold screenings of award-winning short films produced and directed by women.